Tuesday 26 August 2014

Ecstatic Premabhakthi


~●~Do Not Leave Me~●~
Do Not Leave Me
Do not leave me alone, a helpless woman.
My strength, my crown,
I am empty of virtues,
You, the ocean of them.
My hearts music, you help me
in my world-crossing.
You protected the king of the elephants.
You dissolve the fear of the terrified.
Where can I go?  Save my honour
for I have dedicated myself to you
and now there is no one else for me.
~●~I Am Mad With Love~●~
I am mad with love
and no one understands my plight.
Only the wounded
understand the agonies of the wounded,
when the fire rages in the heart.
Only the jeweler knows the value of the jewel,
not the one who lets it go.
In pain I wander from door to door,
but could not find a doctor.
Says Mira: Harken, my Master,
Mira’s pain will subside
when Shyam comes as the doctor.

~●~Don't Go, Don't Go ~●~

I touch your soles. I'm sold to you.
No one knows where to find the bhakti path,
show me where to go.
I would like my own body to turn into a heap
of incense and sandalwood and you set a torch to it.
When I've fallen down to gray ashes, smear me on
your shoulders and chest.
Mira says: You who lift the mountains,
I have some light, I want to mingle it with yours

   ~●~Mira the Lotus ~●~

My Lord, the love that binds us cannot be broken.
It is hard as the diamond that shatters the hammer
that strikes it.
As polish goes into the gold, my heart has gone
into you.
As a lotus lives in its water, I am rooted in you.
Like the bird that gazes all night
at the passing moon,
I have blinded myself in giving my eyes
to your beauty.
She who offers herself completely asks only this:
That her Lord love Mira as fully as he is loved.

♥~●~Mirabai ~●~♥

(Mirabai, Ecstatic Poems,
version by Robert Bly and Jane Hirshfield)