Tuesday 21 October 2014

Goodbye Be£oved

-- O' My Beloved Good Bye --

Once Krishna asked Radha to come alone to one of the kunja of Shri Dham Vrindavan to meet Him before He leaves for mathura…. Shri Radha reached there on schedule time.

Radha : “O Krishna, Here, I am…What do you wish to say ?”

Krishna : “There’s nothing to say. I merely wanted your permission to leave for Mathura.”

Radha: “Do you want my permission or my life?”

Krishna : “O Radhe, Our bodies may be separate but we share the same life. This parting is of the body.”

Radha: “But, what will happen after the parting? Have you thought of that?”

Krishna: “I have, But We must perform the ritual that is predestined. We must complete the task we have undertaken! You know that !”

Then Radha’s eyes and heart filled with tears and pain.

Radha : “Yes, I know that. For you, the task is more important than Radha. But you don’t know that, for Radha, Krishna is the important thing….. She has nothing else. Radha’s every duty, every task, her hopes and her ambition, her prayers and entreaties are all Placed at Krishna’s Lotus feet…”

“If you take these blessed feet away from me…. Then your Radha will be left alone in Vrindavan after your going away to Gokul, like the ash that is left in the holy pot after the ritual of fire is over!”

“You can never understand this pain! Only the beloved can understand this!”

Krishna: “Why? Does not the lover experience this pain?”

Radha: “Not to the same extent! The lover bears this pain with his manliness…but the beloved has only one support : Her Lover! And if her lover deserts her….then how can she bear the pain?”

“She needs her lover to share her pain and cry on his shoulder. Otherwise She cannot show her tears to others so as not to defame her lover…..You’ll keep yourself busy either doing your duty on battlefield or in society or establishing a just social order, but your beloved Radha will be lost in the vast notingness of loneliness…..Whom will she unburden her heart to?”

Krishna: “To Me.”

Radha: “To You?”

Krishna: “Yes, To Me. O Radhe, wherever I may be, in the palace or in the forest on the battlefield or doing my duty…..I give you my word that we’ll meet regularly in the emotional world of dreams….”

Radha: “Huh! I’ll dream if I can sleep. If a beloved can sleep peacefully when separated from her lover…It is disrespect shown to love.”

Krishna: “No. If there is hope of a union with the lover it is not a disrespect of Love to dream be it of heavan or Helll or even the Dream world itself.“

Radha : “How hard-hearted you are. Distracting me with dreams. Sometimes I wonder why I left Heaven (Goloka) to bear this pain in Vrindavan….I could have stayed there with your immortal form watching your antics in human form Crazed by your love…why did I follow you to this mortal World???”

Krishna: “I know why.”

Radha: “Why?”

Krishna: “So that I could enjoy your companionship on this cruel Earth for bit of time…In this environment of violence and greed you wanted to give me your selfless love…Your coming here has made possible the Love Ritual….Which will make Krishna the Incarnation of Love otherwise, in this Incarnation….I’ve to accomplish many difficult tasks!”

Radha: “May I ask something?”

Krishna: “Yes.”

Radha: “You always say you are bound by the love of your devotees and your beloved?”

Krishna: “Yes.”

Radha: “That you always obey their dictates?”

Krishna: “Of course!”

Radha: “Will you listen to me.. If I ask you not to leave me and go away from Vrindavan ?”

Krishna: “I’ll obey you, if you order me to.”

Radha: “All right! I order you to promise me that you will stay here with me….”

Krishna: “All right! I give you my word. I’ll not leave without your permission….”

Radha: “Then sit by my side and play the flute…”

Krishna: “As you wish!”

Then Krishna started to play His transcendental flute and Radha put her head on Krishna’s shoulder and started to listen the sound of His transcendental flute with great attention.

Radha statred to weep and her eyes were filled with tears and said to Krishna…

Radha: “May I ask for something?”

Krishna: “Yes.”

Radha: “Make me two promise before you leave..”

Krishna: “What?”

Radha: “First, not only in my dreams but in reality as well as long as I am on this earth…you’ll stay in my heart for every moment….”

Krishna: “And the second?”

Radha: “Second, before I leave this Earth you will meet me at least once.”

Krishna: “I give you my word! But I also want you to promise me something.”

Radha: “What?”

Krishna: “You will not shed tears….”

Radha: “That will be difficult…”
Then Krishna Himself wipes tears from Radha’s eyes and Said : “O Radhe…. Every tear of yours will be an obstacle in my path of Duty. So, give me your word”

Radha: “Allright! I give you my word! I won’t shed any tears!”

After said that Radha placed her head upon Lotus Feet of Shri Krishna…and Krishna immediately left that place…….

And Radha started to Sing this song of seperation with Her unconscious and broken heart…

O Lord of my Life! Goodbye….
O Lord of the World! Goodbye...
A broken heart, a silent love,
bids my Beloved Goodbye..

Goodbye….Goodbye….Goodbye…
O My Beloved Goodbye….

I cannot go with thee.. Nor can I stop thee…
You walk on the path of duty,
which path should I take?

O Lord of the World! Goodbye….
O Lord of the Flute! Goodbye....
A broken heart, a silent love
bids my Beloved Goodbye….

Goodbye….Goodbye….Goodbye…
O My Beloved Goodbye..

The waves of the Yamuna separates our hearts..
We will occupy the same Earth,
Our ultimate union is definite!
On the chariot of Religion!

Goodbye…
On the path of Duty! Goodbye…
A broken heart, a silent love
bids my Beloved Goodbye….

Goodbye….Goodbye….Goodbye…
O My Beloved Goodbye…
[photo courtesy Google]