Tuesday 21 October 2014

Pangs of separation

One day, Radharani went into the forest in search of Krsna. She was experiencing great separation.

Her friend, Vishaka, says, "My dear Radharani, I can see how you are suffering of separation from Krsna. Therefore I have drawn a picture of Krsna."

So immediately, Radharani saw that picture of Krsna and she was attached to that drawing of Krsna at the same time! So it got double as bad! Her separation became completely overwhelming.

Meanwhile, Krsna was also in that same forest looking for Radharani, but He didn’t know where exactly to look. He is also feeling eagerness and separation.

Then Krsna is saying out loud to His friend, Sridham, "My dear Sridham, don’t you also think that Radharani is the most beautiful girl in the three worlds?"

Krsna was further wandering into the forest. He saw a leaf in the forest and His name written on that leaf with red kum kum. Immediately He realized who had done this; He could see who had written this.

Spontaneously, He picked up His flute and played His flute.

Radharani, by the sound of that flute, could understand that Krsna had seen that leaf and that now He was playing His flute. Then She said out loud, "This sound, what is this sound? What is this sound?" and She became also, completely captured by the sound.

She starts saying, "I am the most unfortunate person because I became simultaneously attracted to three persons: to the one who’s form is attracting me, to the one who’s picture is attracting me and to the one who plays His flute! Therefore I’m meant to be condemned. I am simultaneously attracted to three personalities. This is totally to be condemned. Therefore the best I could do is to give up my life!"

But Vishaka says, "But they are one and the same person."

Radharani says, "One and the same?
[Photo courtesy Google]